Kilmurry National School B.O.M. Meetings 2022/23
Agreed Report Thursday 27th April 2023
- The BOM wishes our 2nd class the very best in the preparations for their First Communion on Saturday, 6th May.
- The BOM are awaiting correspondence from Cork County Council on the road traffic and safety.
- The BOM wishes to thank all parents who took part in recent school surveys – your feedback is appreciated.
- The BOM will work with the school staff and PA to decide on a new date for our School Tractor Run Fundraiser.
- The BOM would like to thank again the PA for their review of new and updated policies – their input is always appreciated.
- The Communication and Staff Leave Policies were ratified by the BOM.
- The BOM are looking forward to working with the Department of Education Inspectorate for our Whole School Evaluation next week.
Agreed Report Tuesday 14th March 2023
- The Board of Management will continue to work with the County Council on the traffic and road safety outside the school. The BOM have agreed that two teachers should supervise the pedestrian crossing each evening.
- The BOM wishes to thank all those involved in organising and those who contributed to our success Table quiz fundraiser in February.
- The BOM congratulates our 6th Class in their VEX Robotics success, we are very proud of them.
- The school calendar for 2023.24 was agreed and will be sent to all parents in the coming weeks.
Agreed Report Tuesday 7th February 2023
- The BOM approves the appointment of Aoife McCarthy to the new infant day SNA position
Agreed Report 27th January 2023
- The board ratified our updated School Admission’s Policy (see our policies here: https://whitegatens.ie/policies/ )
- The board send congratulations to the 6th Class in their recent VEX robotics competition. We wish them the best in the National Competition.
- The board wishes to thank the Parents Association for their recent successful grant application. The classrooms will really benefit from the funding of resources.
- The board is looking forward to the Autism Classes Table Quiz Fundraiser in Mai Fitz’s. Thanks to all involved in the organisation. We wish to thank especially all those who are sponsoring prizes for the quiz and raffle. We hope everyone enjoys the night.
- The board is looking forward to our Tractor Run Fundraiser also and expresses thanks to the school community involved in organising the fundraiser.
Agreed Report 26th October 2022 and 5th December 2022
- The BOM approved the appointment of Ms Emer Murphy to the Assistant Principal II position. We wish her the very best in her role as part of our In School Management Team.
- The BOM approved the appointment of Jennifer Bateman (Senior Autism Class Teacher) and Aoife Tarrant (SET) for the rest of the school year.
- The BOM wishes to express their thanks to the Parents Association for organising and hosting the Halloween Party, for organising the very important upcoming visit from Santa to our school and for their current fundraising initiative – the PA Christmas Raffle. The BOM are very appreciative to the PA for reviewing our policies and for the feedback they gave on same. We are very grateful for the ongoing support from the Parents Association.
- The following policies were updated and ratified:
- Child Safeguarding Statement
- Anti-bullying Policy
- Special Educational Teaching Policy
- Intimate Care and Toileting Policy
- The BOM approved the following staff professional development days – Wednesday 1st March 2022 and Wednesday 24th May 2022. The school will close on these dates in order to facilitate staff training on the new Primary Language Curriculum.
- The BOM is looking forward to our School Christmas Concert on Wednesday, 21st December 2022
- The BOM wishes to thank the whole community – pupils, staff and parents – for their hard work and support since the start of the school year and wishes everyone a very happy and peaceful Christmas.